Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Drinks to order when you're freshly 21 and confused as hell.

I'd be lightweight shocked if most of y'all who know me didn't know I just turned 21. 21 has been pretty fun so far, I get to actually order all the fun drinks you see on menus at restaurants and I actually get to make them! (Bartender in training! wooo!) So, my biggest struggle has been ordering a drink at the bar and not sound like a total dumb ass. This is pretty much the roughest part for me when I go out. I hate looking like a rookie and always ordering a Long Island (even though, they totally rock but lead to rough decisions). I was practically sweating when I had to actually pick a drink to order! My first legal drink was a Blackberry Mojito! It was delicious!



SO KIDS, WHAT DO YOU ORDER?

I guess I'll start with a Long Island Iced Tea. These girls are basically lethal. They contain all major drink groups (Vodka, Rum, Tequila, Triple Sec and Gin) with sour mix and a splash of coke. Delicious, yes. Deadly, yes as well. These are an easy drink to order when you first start going out. Not nerve wracking in the least bit, and will get you pretty wastey-wastey. You'll look a little rookieish, but who honestly cares. 



However, if you want to be a little more unique but get just as crazy, order a Blue Long Island (Also known as a Blue M*****F*****, I was SO confused when someone ordered THAT one) Blue Long Islands have Vodka, Rum, Tequila, Gin, topped off with Blue Curacao and a splash of sour mix! They are also pretty! Fun drink to order! Some people dont use the sour mix, but I do so yeah. 





Another easy to order is a Sex on the Beach, which has Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Orange Juice and Cranberry Juice! Pretty delicious, easy to drink, and summery! 



Cosmopolitan. Anybody who has watched Sex in the City knows what a Cosmo is. If not, It's Vodka, Triple Sec, Cranberry Juice and Lime Juice. Now, I love Cosmo's but I rarely get them if I go out since I hate carrying around martini glasses in a crowded bar. If I do order one, I get it on the rocks! You could also get a Blue Cosmo, since we know blue drinks are the prettiest! Blue Cosmos get Vodka, Lime Juice, Blue Curacao, and White Cranberry Juice!


A Cuba Libre is also a rather simple drink. Coke, Lime Juice and White Rum! It's sibling is just a simple Rum and Coke, which is exactly what it sounds like! Really really easy to order and to make! Not nerve wracking at all!


For you guys who like shots...

Cherry Bombs. Cherry Vodka, Red Bull and a little Grenadine!

Lemon Drop. Citrus Vodka with Lemon Juice with a Sugared Rim. Strong as HELL. 


Kamikaze Shot. Vodka, Triple Sec, and Lime Juice.


Melon Ball. Melon Liqueur, Vodka and Pineapple Juice. 


Thats about all I have today! I plan on posting my own drink recipes in the future since, hello! I need to make something up!

What was the first drink you ever ordered?



5 comments:

  1. I'd have to pass. but hope you have a great one.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/05/straight-from-heart.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. this is what I need. Although I *sadly* have a while til legal-ness I need to remember this more than I do a math formula <3 THANK YOU FOR SHARING - like actually haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first *legal* drink was just a Bud Light! I had always just ordered Long Islands too because I didn't know the names of anything else! Your blackberry mojito looks/sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm to cherry bombs and lemon drops! When I go to a bar, I always just get a vodka cranberry - nice and easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kamikaze and Cosmopolitan! My favorite drink is White Russian though!

    ReplyDelete