Tuesday, February 11, 2014

just a little something thats important to me.

When I was little, I lived in Cincinnati. We knew this woman who was really amazing, and always great with kids. Eventually, she moved away, but my family still kept in touch.

I was honestly way to young to remember what she had been up to, but I did remember that she had moved down to New Orleans. 

So, fast forward to 2008. I remember that it was my first year of band camp and I was really looking forward to coming home. Like, really excited about it. My parents had came to pick me up, and my mom said she had something to tell me. She asked me if I remembered the woman, and I replied, yes of course! She loved cats just like I did! Then, my mom looked really sad and told me the she had been murdered in her home in New Orleans. 

I literally couldn't believe it. Why would anybody do something like that? For the past couple of years, I haven't heard anything of people finding who did that to her and her case had gone cold.

Until this week. I got a text from my mom today saying they finally found the man who had murdered her. 8 years later, and they finally caught the person. The detective working the case found a lead, followed it and landed a confession from the suspect. It's kind of a sense of relief and that now she can truly rest in peace. 

Rest in peace Jessi, I know you're up there taking care of my furbabies that have passed on that you knew. I know I'm too young to really remember a whole lot of you, but I remember you being a great and amazing person.


2 comments:

  1. Wow this is a great post. I hate that you have went through all this but glad that the case was solved. BTW you just commented on my blog (Southern Beauty Guide) and I am unable to reply to your comment bc you are listed as a no reply:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is so crazy! I'm so sorry that happened :( But I'm so glad to hear her killer was caught!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete