Tuesday, December 10, 2013

For a dear friend.

Hello!

So, I had planned on this post being all about me going and seeing the Mythbusters, and the crazy world of retail I worked this weekend. But, it's not. 

Last week, my friend David messaged me on Facebook about how we go to the same school, yet we haven't seen each other in a long time! I agreed with him, and we proceeded to make future plans for next semester and hopefully over winter break. 

During the week, Dave had some dental issues. Wisdom teeth. Something most of us have had to deal with. He went ahead and got his removed like anyone would. I'm sure anyone can recognize this pain.

On Friday, I logged on and saw a troubling post that he was in our local hospital. I was in absolute shock since barely 12 hours before we were having a conversation and it seemed like nothing was wrong. My first assumption was that maybe he had a bad reaction to an antibiotic he was put on, or maybe a horrible side effect to the surgery. I asked what was going on.

I found out my answer later on that day. He had blood clots in his lungs and legs. Yesterday, he was diagnosed with Pleurisy ( A very painful inflammation of membrane around your lungs) . I feel so bad for him. From what I've heard so far, they haven't been able to figure out what caused everything. Like everyone, Dave needs his lungs to be working. However, Dave is also a trumpet player, and a damn good one. You could hear him playing and think that he was already out of school and professional. So you can see how having something wrong with your lungs when you play an instrument could be so devastating.

What I'm asking of everyone is to send their best wishes and prayers that he gets better soon. I'd also like a list of ideas to put a little kit together for him since he'll be in the hospital for a little bit longer.

If you are feeling really generous and have a couple dollars to spare this winter, my friend Karen started a little charity to help with the cost of his medical bills. We're aiming for 500 dollars to begin with. 







David was one of the first people that outreached and met me before I worked at Cedar Point since we lived in the same town. He remained one of the first people I met there and one of the first friends I made there. He is a great person who doesn't deserve any of what is happening to him. I really just would love everyone to keep him in your thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing David's stories. He has been in my prayers all week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He should be going home soon, so thats good! :)

      Delete